(June 2016, 4:41 minutes)
Poem written and narrated by Henry Doyle.
Produced and directed by Fiona Tinwei Lam with team of Kristen Campbell (lead animator) and Sitji Chou and Carolina Gonzales (animators).
Videography by Analee Weinberger.
Sound design by Tinjun Niu.
Note: Henry Doyle is a poet from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside whom I started mentoring and coaching back in 2012. You can find the text of this poem in his debut collection, No Shelter (Anvil Press, 2021) and his earlier chapbook, East Van Poems.
- Slideluck III Hong Kong (2016)
- DOXA 2017 (Vancouver)
- Northwest Animation Festival 2017 (Portland)
- Ani’mest Festival 2017 (Bucharest)
- Film & Video Symposium of Video Poetry 2018 (Los Angeles)
- Zebra Poetry Film Festival (Muenster) 2018
- Heart of the City Festival (Vancouver) 2018
- So Limitless & Free Festival (Montreal) 2018 WINNER – BEST NEW ART FORM FILM
- Newlyn International Short Film Festival (Cornwall, England, 2019)
- Film and Video Poetry Symposium 2019 (Moscow, Russia)